WWE Raw Results and Live Chat for 2/24/2014
Here are brief results from this week’s (February 24th, 2014) WWE Raw as well as your reactions in the live chat.
We’ll be updating these throughout the night. This will be a brief results format. Our friends at WNS are carrying a live, play-by-play blog if you’re into that sort of thing.
- The commentary panel was Josh Mathews, Alex Riley, Booker T, and Ric Flair. They recapped some of the things that took place during last night’s Elimination Chamber.
- Kofi Kingston d. Damien Sandow in a match taped for Superstars. They showed some of the early goings as well as the finish.
- The panel kept recapping last night’s Elimination Chamber. That’s probably most of what we’ll get tonight.
- Backstage Brad Maddox is being interviewed by Renee Young. They are interrupted by an argument between Sheamus and Christian. So, Maddox books a match between the two.
Main Raw Card
- Hulk Hogan opened up. He welcome everyone to the WWE Network, announced he’d be the host of WrestleMania, and some talk about his brothers and Jack. Whomever he is. Pretty hot crowd for a guy who was absolutely terrible in TNA for the last 3 years. But hey, nostalgia > logic.
- Alberto Del Rio d. Batista via pinfall. As soon as Batista came out, the crowd went to a solid boo. The match continued much like Elimination Chamber, with Del Rio going after Batista’s arm. Randy Orton’s music hit which distracted Batista and caused him to lose. After the match, Orton tries to earn the support of the fans by telling Batista that the fans don’t like him and don’t want him to be here. Instead of cheering for Orton, they chanted for CM Punk. Batista took the mic and said that regardless of what the fans do to him, he’ll do to them in return. They cheer him, he’ll cheer them back. If they boo him, he’ll boo them back. And after WrestleMania, he’d be the WWE Champion.
- Big E D. Cesaro via DQ after Swagger interfered. Cesaro pulled a tilt-a-whirl back breaker off on Langston which was scary. Cesaro is finally being built up as a major star of the future. So, possible IC title race makes sense here. Langston also got some power moves in but Cesaro was the show, both in reactions and from the commentary team. Outside the ring, Swagger interfered and got hit with a clothesline. Langston back in the ring and got locked into the Big Swing, but before he could pin, Swagger interfered again, this time causing a DQ.
- John Cena calls out Bray Wyatt. So, Wyatt comes out and delivers a wonderful promo, saying he was the reaper and will bring death to the era of lies that Cena has been preaching. Cena challenges them, so they storm the ring for a 3 on 1. During the brawl, Cena hurt his leg somehow and motioned to the doctors off but it was obvious he was hurt. From my POV it looked really bad, but can’t speculate here. The segment ends with The Wyatt’s beating him down again and leaving the ring.
- During the break, Cena was stretchered out. They showed it when we got back. Not a good sign.
- Sheamus d. Christian via pinfall after the Brogue Kick. Pretty solid match by both guys. Odd spot included Christian using a bear hug on Sheamus. Sheamus’ use of the Cloverleaf needs to continue. It looks great when he does it.
- They replay a backstage segment from earlier in the day when Daniel Bryan challenged HHH at Wrestlemania 30. They booked him instead against Kane tonight.
- Backstage, the Shield argue. And Ambrose walks out on them. The Wyatt’s interrupt causing Reigns to challenge Bray tonight, who accepts.
- Daniel Bryan d Kane via pinfall after the flying knee. Lots of back and forth. Bryan started off strong, but Kane over powered him and went to work on his injured shoulder. Commentary built up the possible HHH vs Bryan match at Wrestlemania. Barf. Outside of commentary, the match told a very good story.
- After the match, Bryan gets the crowd to chant for him and tells the Authority to book the match this crowd wants to see: Daniel Bryan vs HHH. The crowd gave a mixed reaction at that.
- Emma d Summer Rae via submission. Overall, good for a Diva’s match. Best Diva’s match of 2014, without question. But, not much competition.
- Usos d New Age Outlaws via pinfall. Very quick match. The bell rung, but Road Dogg took a mic to do their classic intro. Near the end, he gets superkicked. Match time officially was about 75 seconds. But, realistically about 10. Meh.
- Bray d Roman Reigns via DQ after Ambrose attacks Bray. This was a very good, Brawler vs Brawler match. Bray got a majority of the offense and did a hell of a great job. The Wyatt family interfere, which causes The Shield to make the save. It turns into an all out brawl with The Shield cleaning house.
- Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman come out and complain that Lesnar isn’t getting the title shot at Wrestlemania. And since the authority won’t let him conquer the history that is being in the main event at Wrestlemania 30, then he won’t be at Wrestlemania. Gong. Taker vs Brock Lesnar. It’s official. Brock signed the contract and Undertaker chokeslammed him through a table.
Raw Post Show
- They show Undertaker leaving the ring area. He stands at the top of the stage with his arm raised high as the commentary panel fills back in.
- Commentary recapped Hogan, Lesnar, and Undertaker’s return. Lesnar was getting worked on in the ring by medics.
Last updated: 11:30pm ET / End
Even if you’re not watching live, join in on that conversation, and post your thoughts in the Disqus thread below.